P.S.I did it … just for you
The holiday season is on our doorstep and says holiday time says gifts! (Exchange of gifts). It brings with it the marvelous tradition of gifts. Admittedly, it is a magnificent tradition, but one that involves finding the ideal present, which is sometimes a rather difficult task. One of the best ways to make sure you have found an original gift for our loved ones is to do it yourself (ourselves). A well-created creation
Undoubtedly, this kind of gift gives a little personal touch … a certain I-do-do-what that demonstrates that you have taken care of unearthing, that you have made an extra effort to give them a tailor-made gift and unique. And you will not only enjoy pampering your loved ones, but you will also have the opportunity to enjoy the creative process. This is a gift idea that guarantees that everyone will win!
This month, I decided to put my hand to the dough and concoct a lip balm with peppermint to prepare for the freezing cold of the months to come. And if we add to this the wind and the heating, we arrive at a precise conclusion: And yes! Dehydration is waiting for us. This is why a super moisturizing balm is needed to prevent the cold from desiccating your beautiful smile. Any good Montrealer knows that he can not separate himself from this secret weapon against chapped lips, for our winter is absolutely pitiless. This personalized gift is not only of great use, but it also serves to garnish the Christmas stockings of those you love.
Shea butter as well as coconut oil give suppleness to the balm in order to moisturize the dry lips. The beeswax is used to firm the balm and the essential oil of peppermint, for its part, the aromatize and gives a pleasant sensation of freshness. In addition, this balm emanates an absolutely intoxicating menthol fragrance!
1 ct. Of coconut oil
1 ct. Of beeswax
1 ct. Of shea butter
3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
2 pots of lip balm
A little fairy dust and a lot of love
* For 2 containers or jars of lip balm.
The time has come to roll up the sleeves. Go hop! At work!
1. Use a double boiler to melt the coconut oil, the beeswax and the shea butter. If you do not have a double boiler, you can make your own. Basically what you want to place a heatproof container above or in a pan of simmering water. Use a mason jar if you have one. Simply place the jar in the pan. Fill the pan with water halfway up the jar. Then, place the pan on high heat until it begins to boil and then reduce heat to medium.
1. Melt the coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in a bain-marie.
2. Stir the ingredients well with a spatula.
3. Once the mixture is melted, extinguish the fire.
4. Add 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil.
5. Pour the mixture quickly into the lip balm jars. Warning! Be quick! The mixture solidifies very quickly!
6. Allow to cool for 2-3 hours.
7. Decorate the pots to taste. Be creative!
At the end, do not forget the most important step! Sprinkle it with fairy dust and infuse your creation with good energies!
This holiday season, charm your loved ones with this gift made to measure
By Jennifer Toro