Untie the nodes
As the holiday frenzy dissipates and we slowly adjust to our daily lives, many of us begin the new year by setting goals for ourselves and making resolutions for the coming year. For some, this may mean the decision to leave something behind, whether it’s an old habit, a relationship or even a place. As a new year begins, it is the perfect time to free our hearts from emotional negativity and leave room for love and compassion. However, when we leave things behind, a feeling of grief can invade our heart chakra which is often felt as a feeling of emptiness in the chest. Whether this feeling is caused by the loss of a loved one, a broken relationship or a disease, it is important that we initiate the healing process in our heart chakra. Since the heart acts as a bridge between our upper and lower chakras, blocking in this place can prevent the flow of energy thus affecting our spiritual and creative energy. This blockage, which acts as an energetic knot, causes suffering and limits our spiritual growth. In order to free this suffering we must “untie the knot.” To help you begin this process of liberation, I would like to invite you to close your eyes and focus on this visualization:
- Sit in a warm and calm room, sit comfortably and light a few candles.
- Close your eyes and visualize your heart like a mass pell-mell of strings that represent your emotions. So you look closely, become aware of these threads that represent the negative feelings or grief that you have been unable to express.
- Pay attention to what the wires are attached to. Is it a relationship with a certain person or an experience that has ended?
- Imagine untie the knots, one by one and free yourself from their painful memories.
- Imagine detaching the knots, one by one and free yourself from their painful memories.
Source : Chakra. Discovering Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom and Spirit by Swami Saradananda.